The Fintech Forward program powered by AWS and Saison Capital is designed to help startups to build the next generation of fintech integrations & products for the ASEAN region.
We help participants scale faster with customized benefits like coaching on go-to-market, product development, fundraising and more, technical training & support, a community of fintech/embedded finance experts from the ASEAN region and much more! Selected startups may also be eligible to receive up to $100,000 in AWS Activate credits.
We will select 10 to 15 startups to be a part of this program through a virtual 10 week program with biweekly content and networking sessions.
The deadline to apply is June 9th, 2021, at 23:59 (GMT+8). Applicants are processed on a first-come-first-serve basis. The program will begin in June 2021.
Benefits for Startups
What we Provide
- Network – Connect with the team from AWS, Saison Capital & other sector experts.
- Fintech Expertise – Receive support from sector experts across a wide range of fintech sub-sectors.
- Masterclasses – Benefit from our masterclasses on sales, fundraising, fintech, hiring, strategy, security & compliance, infrastructure scaling & more!
- Insights & Tools – Our educational curriculum led by sector experts that spans across all the key underlying foundations to develop a business as well as the GTM Roadmap.
- Geographic Expertise – Receive insights from our startup veterans on how to scale & grow in a new dynamic market like South East Asia.
Who are we Looking For
- An early stage startup that has not raised more than USD 5M in funding
- Working in the fields of fintech, embedded finance or decentralized finance (DeFi)
- Based in the ASEAN region
Are you looking to fast forward your fintech growth?
We want to hear from you!
Selected Mentors for the Fintech Forward Program
Chia Jeng Yang
Are you the inspirational mentors we are looking for?
We are looking for inspirational volunteer mentors with a background in Fintech in ASEAN/Pakistan, who would like to connect and give advice/support with some of the up and coming fintech startups within the Fintech Forward Program, run over the next few months. We run a double opt-in approach for all volunteer mentors & startups in the program. If guiding motivated startups is of high interest to you then we are looking forward to hearing from you!
Fintech Forward Program FAQs
The Fintech Forward program will help build the next generation of fintech integrations & products. The program enables startups to scale faster with customised benefits like technical training & support, a community of fintech/embedded finance experts and ASEAN experts over a period of 10 weeks with 2 sessions held every week. Selected startups may also be eligible to receive up to $100,000 in AWS Activate credits.
The program will be run virtually over 10 weeks with 2 sessions every week.
This program will be 100% virtual. All participants will be able to access via virtual conference management software.
Yes, no monetary contribution is expected from the participants.
There is no monetary compensation or promise of investment for the participating startups.
We believe diverse viewpoints help increase financial inclusion. To encourage this, there are no restrictions on founder background, academic or experience. We will ensure that a wide variety of founder backgrounds are represented in the program.
We receive a high volume of applications and review each application individually with an undivided attention. If your startup is shortlisted, we will reach out to discuss the next steps.