Scout Program Overview
Saison Capital Scout Program is a fully remote 12-month work experience where scouts help Saison Capital with deal sourcing, understand how a VC fund works, and what it takes to be a VC.
The program is suited for working professionals and mature students alike, designed for the operator/builder looking to build VC experience on the side, as well as mature students looking to break into Venture Capital.
We offer a pragmatic curriculum, an exceptional network, and hands-on mentorship on deal sourcing.
Our VC curriculum is built in-house with the intention to provide the latest and most practical knowledge about the VC industry.
The deadline to apply is Sunday, March 7, 2021, at 11:59 P.M. (GMT+8). Applicants are processed on a first-come-first-serve basis. The program will begin in April 2021.
- Engaging in deal sourcing to identify attractive investment opportunities. Sourcing new opportunities will be the scout’s main priority during the program.
- Speaking & networking with founders, startups and industry leaders
- Representing Saison Capital at startup events and meetups
- Helping startups that are a great fit for Saison Capital’s investment interest
- Connect to Saison Capital and the broader Credit Saison ecosystem
Who We Look For
- You are domain/geography-specific operators/experts
- You are community builders and want to be part of a global community in Venture Capital
- You are hustlers, strong networkers and exhibit a strong passion for connecting to startups and founders
- You have a strong passion for startups and venture capital, or are keen on pursuing a career in Venture Capital in the future
- You are founders, entrepreneurial MBAs, young working professionals, product managers, startup builders/operators, or outstanding graduates and undergraduates
- Preferred countries: Open to all countries but especially looking for US, India, Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam
Benefits for Scouts
Interested in Saison Capital Scout Program!
We’d love to hear from you.
The program has two pillars. The first pillar is to engage in deal sourcing. The second pillar is dedicated to learning how to become a great scout through our VC Education Curriculum. Throughout the program, we offer mentorship from our Saison Capital team as well as presentations delivered by external speakers and connection to our global network.
Pillar 1 of Scout Program: Scouting/Deal Sourcing
– Engage in deal sourcing and find investment opportunities.
– Organize in-person and virtual events with entrepreneurs.
– Participate in workshops and networking events to become further immersed and better connected.
– Research exciting companies, technologies, and trends.
Pillar 2 of Scout Program: VC Education Curriculum
– Learn via our proprietary Saison Capital Scout Curriculum led by our Saison Capital team.
– Go through the VC process from deal sourcing to mental models geared towards helping you source deals, build network, and manage deal flow.
– Get to know to Saison Capital and Credit Saison, our teams, and our partners.
– Network with successful entrepreneurs, VCs, experts.
We expect a 12-month minimum commitment to the role. The program will start in April, 2021.
No, this is a part-time position and not a paid employment. Scouts are expected to commit 6-8 hours per week. The scout program is not meant to function as a full-time job and can be done concurrently with existing work commitments.
The Scout Program will be online. Scouts will work in their home countries.
No. The scout is compensated through non-financial means. The scout will receive hands-on mentorship, attend Saison Capital events, and join our network of advisors, venture partners, and industry experts.
While graduating from the scout program does not guarantee a conversion to a full-time position at Saison Capital, we are open to converting outstanding Scout performers if positions are available.